25 September 2014

A Letter from Marvin Lagunas


A Letter from Marvin Lagunas
25th September 2014

thabarwa Yangon  Rangoon kamma karma  kindness compassion lovingkindness sympatheticjoy  ambulance engagedbuddhism conciousness awareness metta sick patients disables

I would like to Thank Venerable ThaBarWa Sayadaw U Ottamasara from ThaBarWa Center (meditation centre) in Thanlyin, Yangon Myanmar for change and improved the way I see the life.

He welcomed me to stay in the village monastery to practice Meditation without asking nothing of me.  He said just make good deeds, meditate and follow the Buddhist precepts.

Every day he offered me to follow him to Dharma talks, alms round in the morning and share with He, all the monks, novices and Yogies living there.

ottamasara  Myanmar Burma vipassana meditation  donate   healthcare elderly  volunteer  rangoon meditation  love  mercy vipassana insight dhamma dharma disable oldfolks  infirm

He was a business man and after some years he abandoned everything in his life to became a Monk and with the time He got the enlightenment in my understanding because He is very humble and will never say He is one of the Buddhas but He is!!

He help thousands of peoples including me to find peace and finish with our suffering through Meditation. He only sleep 2 hours per day to have time to make good deeds, practice many days of fasting a month, gives Dharma talks, listen to the people, guide live meditations and record talking meditations to help people to understand Buddha’s thoughts.

He invite you to abandon all your desires to stop suffering and live in a balance life.

thabarwa Yangon  Rangoon kamma karma  kindness compassion lovingkindness sympatheticjoy  ambulance engagedbuddhism conciousness awareness metta sick patients disables

I met him with a yangon-Bagan bus ticket in my pocket and he invited me to stay with him and follow him to Bagan in the following days so I stayed with him for 32 days.

In the Buddhism philosophy they believe there are no Gods or Divine spirits that will come to help you. You are responsible from your way, from your life and everything will happen or has happened because of you and your Karma. If you make good, good things will come. Bad, bad things will come.

In the temples, Buddhist only give homage to Buddha but they don't suppose to pray to Gods although some people do it to gain more confident in their lifes.

ottamasara  Myanmar Burma vipassana meditation  donate   healthcare elderly  volunteer  rangoon meditation  love  mercy vipassana insight dhamma dharma disable oldfolks  infirm

If you need something you have to do it. Only you are responsible to follow the Path to attain Nirvana. Stop waiting for miracles and create the miracles. They exist but you have to make them. Stop praying and walk in the way you desire.

I grew up in a Catholic home praying to Jesus Christ and God. With the time I have practiced since 14 years ago Native American Traditions worshiping the Great Spirit, Father Sun, Mother Earth and all the elements and spirits from the Nature.

When I ask him if a keep practicing Buddhism Do I need to pray anymore to God and He said to me: God is making good deeds, God is share, help, protect and take care of people and live beings.

thabarwa Yangon  Rangoon kamma karma  kindness compassion lovingkindness sympatheticjoy  ambulance engagedbuddhism conciousness awareness metta sick patients disables

Since that day I keep trying to make good deeds in my life following Buddha’s thoughts and praying every day to The Great Spirit cause I know we are responsible from our lifes but there is The Great Mistery helping and supporting is in the Universe.

Aho Metakiaze, Amen, Namaste, Inlakesh, Sathu...



(Source  :  Marvin Lagunas's facebook)