Thanlyin, Yangon, Myanmar
2. This sasana place is located between Kyite Khauk Pagoda & Tar Wa University on the high-way between ThanLyin and ToneGwa (1km outside ThanLyin). Our compound has 40 acres.
3. The Thabarwa Centre is a very peaceful place. We may not compare it to the Lumbini Garden, where the Buddha was born, but it is equally soothing and quiet.
4. Thabarwa Centre in ThanLyin is a place where people can practice meditation – harmonizing with nature without hurting the beauty of nature.
This is a sasana place where nature and human life with dhamma co-exist and benefit from each other.
5. Thabarwa Sayadaw U Ottamasara made this Centre
We admire his clear mind, skilful managing, sound experience and true compassion put together all into a brilliant reality made possible through his lively practicing.
6. Sayadaw abandoned his worldly achievements to venture out to this effort.
Through his right understanding and practice he was able to convert “ignorance into knowledge”, ”greed into compassion” & ”hatred into abandonment”. Through this unlimited wisdom and action he is empowered to produce unlimited good.
7. More and more people, even youngsters, are getting intrigued by this technique and its application.
Humans in his surrounding are motivated not only to pay homage to him, but even want to join into his accumulation of positive karma and parami.
8. By emphasizing on natural beauty and dhamma of direct knowledge the Sayadaw achieves that the learners understand how to move away from “Atta to Anatta”. Expressing his views in the following words and citations: “------------------------------------------------------“.
9. The power of abandonment can only be compared to the natural force of a Tsunami. We may learn to love the potential of the clearing and teaching power of a Tsunami-wave. To be able to use the positive energy inside a Tsunami wave requires great skills.
We can see no interest in him to becoming famous or a leading figure. In his practice we can not see different dealings towards Buddhists or Non-buddhists, rich or poor, young or old, male or female but we see great compassion applied.
10. As he teaches us, as soon as we abandon attachment, Original Wisdom (paramatta) will appear.
May we progress in attaining this right understanding as the Thabarwa Sayadaw does and go beyond.
11. The shining light of this Thabarwa Centre does his utmost effort to propagate the Legacy of the Buddha by distributing audio & video-multimedia and by supporting with educational material the living beings on our compound with food, cloth and shelter.